- Packages are mailed to APO/FPO addresses located in the United States. The military then delivers the mail or packages to the foreign bases.
- Only the Postal Service delivers to APO/FPO’s.
- A Customs Form must be completed for each box shipped. These can be located in the supply section at your local Post Office.
- DO NOT INCLUDE FRAGRANT BAR SOAP WITH ANY FOOD ITEMS! Even factory sealed cookies taste TERRIBLE when they have lived with bar bath soap for two weeks during delivery!!
- Keep packages small and in the ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER’S WRAP OR BOX for quicker inspections and final delivery. Suggested items are on our website. http://www.hugsforoursoldiers.org/node/53
- Obscene articles (prints, paintings, cards, films, videotapes, etc.)
- Any material depicting nude or seminude persons, pornographic or sexual items.
- Bulk quantities of religious materials contrary to the Islamic faith. Items for the personal use of the addressee are permissible.
- Pork or pork by-products.
- Firearms, weapons or fireworks.
- Unauthorized political materials.
- You may use any size box allowable by the Postal Service to send your care packages.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes are available FREE from the Post Office.
Small Flat Rate Box, 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8", at $4.95
Medium Flat Rate Box, 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", at $10.70
Medium Flat Rate Box, 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8", at $10.70
Large Flat Rate Box, 12" x 12" x 5 1/2", $12.50 when shipping to military personnel at APO/FPO/DPO addresses overseas
- Regular Box from home – You will pay according to weight. No liquor or tobacco writing on box.